Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No more tears!



This is why it's so hard to take a picture of Ella lately - she wants to hold the camera herself!  Or she's zooming across the room!  I have so many pictures of her side/back...  Anyway....  The thing on Ella's back in this picture, is her butterfly nap mat for preschool - she loves it...

I have very good news!!!  This past Monday, Ella didn't cry at preschool!  She didn't even cry when I dropped her off- she just blew me kisses and said bye-bye!  I think that was her fifth time there, so everyone's reassurance that they all need 2 weeks to adjust was pretty right on, if you consider that class is held twice a week.  Tomorrow her class has a Valentine's Day party, so she has little lenticular Hello Kitty Valentine's to give to her classmates.  I wouldn't have thought that they'd exchange Valentine's so young but we just went to a trial dance class and they also had a little Valentine's Day party, complete with Valentines.

Now that Ella is almost 18 months, she'll soon be able to start taking dance classes at a studio about 15 minutes away or gymnastics classes at a gym less than 5 minutes away.  I have to pick between the two since they're offered at the same time.  Ella seemed to like the dance class today (probably because 1/3 of the time was devoted to the Valentine's party which meant cookies & lollipops!) and the moms were really nice...  But living vicariously through my daughter, I am leaning toward gymnastics : )  But she's already taking classes at The Little Gym...  Oh, decisions, decisions : )  Don't even get me started on whether or not to go ahead with Montessori - we're still thinking that one over : )

Ryan and I finally popped in a few Signing Time DVDs just to do the sign review section, and yes, Ella was using the sign for backpack (see previous post).  Back in October, we wrote out a list of all the signs she's used; the count was over 60 signs back then.  Now, Ella knows over 100 signs!  Some of my favorites are: cold, please, sad, cry, scared - I guess because she really acts those out.  I need to get some of it on video, it's so adorable!

Here is Ella, on Skype with my dad! 
She's dressed in a little dance leotard, just to try it on : )

While my mom was visiting last week, Ryan and I got to go on a date two nights in a row!  It was so nice...  And Ella loved spending time with Grandma Banana - our new nickname that grew out of "Nana" - Ella would sign banana whenever we said Nana....  hehe...

Well, this Friday is the big day for us - we'll find out if we're having a boy or a girl!  I can't wait to know for sure, although I already think it's a girl : )  I'll make sure to post sometime with the announcement! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment