Monday, February 15, 2010

It's a girl!!!

At my 20 week ultrasound (this past Friday), we found out that we're having another girl!  I am soooo excited to be having a girl, again!  : )  I had wanted a girl so badly, and truly thought it was a girl, yet every time somebody told me they thought it was a boy or hoped it was a boy, I was afraid all their wishing would make it true!  All these weeks, it seemed like I was the only one who was hoping for a girl.  Fortunately things usually go my way : )

We've already decided on a name: Kate Elise.  If you recall, we named Ella after my maternal grandmother - Eleanor, actually.  We had debated between Eleanor, Ella, Ellie, and Elle.  I know, using a short version isn't quite the same- I don't think my grandma felt like we'd named our baby after her....  To me though, the meaning is still there.  My grandmother passed away last year, but it will be nice to tell Ella about her as she gets older.  We also gave Ella my mom's middle name, Ilima.  It's Hawaiian for "beautiful flower."

So for baby girl number 2, we decided a long time ago that she would be named after Ryan's maternal grandmother, Katherine, and Elise is Ryan's mom's middle name.  As for the rest of our kiddos that are yet to be, I don't know what we'll name them!  Actually Ryan has a boy's name picked out: Christian McAllister....  To be honest, I might have objected if he hadn't pretty much let me make the decision for the girls' names.  And McAllister is Ryan's middle name : )

I'm getting more and more excited!  I started to feel the baby's movements about a week ago.  It's both good and bad because once you start feeling the movements, you're always anxious to feel the movements!  This being my second time being pregnant though, I am less anxious overall.  I'm still throwing up here and there, but it's not a big deal.  When Ryan and I went out for dinner Sunday (Valentine's Day!), shortly after having soup and salad, I threw up the entirety of my stomach's contents - then came back to the table and finished my meal!  Hey, at least I can still enjoy my food afterwards!  Maybe each pregnancy will be easier and easier...  I like to think on the bright side : )

Ella has been giving my belly hugs and kisses - I'm not sure if she really understands that there's a baby in there or if I just have her trained well!  What's funny though, is she held her sippy cup to my belly button the other day, like she was trying to feed the baby!  Okay well, she has also tried to feed her sippy cup before...  hehe...  She's a funny girl : )

We've decided that we will put Ella into Montessori, at age 3.  So next year, she'll stay where she's at right now.  We'll save money, and the 2 day/week routine will leave plenty of time for the other activities I want to do together: Mommy & Me gymnastics, dance, Spanish, and music classes.  I just registered Ella for that dance class we tried out last week; I think we'll really enjoy it.  Since today was a holiday and there was no preschool, I took Ella to a trial class at a gymnastics place nearby, called Rowland/Ballard.  Compared to The Little Gym, it was definitely more gymnastics oriented - the other kids knew how to pike, tuck, straddle, etc - but they were also 3 and up, so maybe that's why it didn't feel like the right level for her.  Anyway, it seems great but all Ella wanted to do was jump on the trampoline half the time!  She threw a huge tantrum when I tried to get her to do other stuff, so eventually I said, "whatever!"  : )  She did eventually play in the pit, and swing on the rings- she was really great at that actually!  Anyway, I always enjoy trial classes - especially if they're free!  That one wasn't free, although I think shelling out the money does make for a better overall evaluation of the experience.

I think I'm beginning to hear Ella stir; she went down for a nap 3 hours ago so it's about time : )  I am so, so grateful that she's napping on her own now, and for a long time!  These pictures are from about a week ago.  Ella likes that onesie - she likes to point at the bee and say "bee!"  You'll notice she also likes to play piano with her butt and feet...  : )




2 comments:

  1. I love Ella's piano playing skills...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... Ella is so cute! I can't wait to meet baby Kate :)

    ReplyDelete